Stitching Together a Wonderful Life!!

Stitching Together a Wonderful Life!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Worth It!!

Two weeks with little sleep and more help from friends and family than I could of ever asked, has ended in what I would call a success. My first Hillsboro Craft Fair as a vendor is now under my belt. I was nervous, pessimistic, cautiously optimistic and dog tired, but it was all worth it!




Saturday morning we pulled out of the driveway at 5:00 am, after two hours of sleep, and headed toward Hillsboro. The car was loaded with 8 totes filled with my stuffed owls, giraffes, elephants, aprons and coffee cozies. My dear husband, who needs at least 8 hours a sleep, went on the adventure with me! We got everything set up and then waited. The wait was soon to be over. Our booth was pretty busy most of the day and we got lots of smiles, kind words and thankfully SALES! By end of the day we were tired and hungry, but we did it! We packed up our things, did one last sale, loaded the car with only 3 totes of goods left and then headed home. On the way home it hit me, pure exhaustion. With only about 15 hours of sleep the entire week, my being tired finally caught up with me!

Now that the dust has settled and money has been counted, I can officially say I made a profit! Next year at Hillsboro is now a definitive maybe! I want to say thank you to all my family and friends that went above the call of duty and helped me stuff, sew, price, set-up! Because of them I had things to sell!!



3 comments:

  1. You had things to sell because you had the dream...friends and family helped you to accomplish it! Way to go Betsy, Chad & fellow comrads! Glad you went and did well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I shared a photo and linked to your blog from Hillsboro, as I told you I would. :)

    Such adorable things!
    I don't know where you're located, but if you want to consider doing the Kansas Barn Sale in 3 weeks, we'd love to have you.
    http://blog.therustedchain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beki

      Thanks for the picture on your blog! It was really cool to me to be on there! I took a look at your blog and it is really neat and you have great stuff on there! If you don't mind, I would like to share your blog and info about the Kansas Barn Sale on here! I don't think, because of my commitments, I will be able to do the Barn Sale this year, but next year I would love to if you will still have me! Thanks again!!! I appreciate it all!

      Delete